Monday, February 6, 2012

Preparation in Bloom

Tonight I will be doing the flowers for my first real event!

One of my friends, an ex-colleague, actually asked me to do some blooms for her new company's party because she had seen this very blog. Thanks internet!

I am equal parts excited and crazy nervous.

Here's a little sneak peak into the lead up:


Buying vases at Ikea - they have some great stuff at the moment and it is so frickin cheap! Those sets of 3 vases are only $19.99 and they are really quite big. And it might be super daggy, but Friday night at Ikea Tempe is just bliss!



This is my boot full of flowers from the flower markets. Thanks God the markets are so beautiful and inspiring, because getting out there in the wee hours sucks otherwise.






And this is how everything is looking so far! It's all bunched and tied into little posies, which will then be finished with the red spider and vanda orchids.  Red and white are the company colours, and the host wanted something modern, so I've chosen really textual blooms, no roses or hydrangeas.

I just have to hope it looks great in the space. I have one hour to put it all together, thankfully I have Emma D on hand to help (although her job will probably just be calming me the f down when I go loco).

Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment