Sunday, January 15, 2012

Analogous in Bloom

I took a workmate through a flower school assignment the other day on colour theory, and it reminded me how much I love creating an analogous design (although hate saying it - try it, it sounds like a made up word!).

Analogous uses three colours that are next to each other on the colour wheel. So it's very harmonious. I have used red, pink and purple flowers in this little design for my dining space. 




I am super in love with carnations at the mo. When you arrange them really tightly like this they create the most amazing mini posy, and the petals look like paper. Carnations - for style, not just for servos! 




Don't you think this looks kind of Mexican? I think it's the colours. Also, Dahlias are crazy beautiful right now, so go out and buy some! 

No comments:

Post a Comment