Saturday, January 14, 2012

Budget in Bloom

So it's January, and of course I have no money to spend on flowers, and no flower school to bloom me up every Saturday! I went in search of some cost effective blooms, and I found heaps at Harris Farm, Potts Point.
The carnations were 2 for $5 (old stock but looks to be in great condition). The pineapple flowers (which I have never even heard of before) were about $3 for 6 stems (also old and showing their age a bit but I had to get them for the novelty). The Dahlias were $8.99 and it was a really big bunch, and then I also bought some baby's breath at the markets for $6 (it's coming back, mark my words!) So $23 for an apartments load of blooms. 
How cool are these pineapple flowers?

They like hanging with my shell lamp, very tropical.

No comments:

Post a Comment