Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Britt in Bloom Part 1

For my little sister's 20th birthday dinner, I wanted to do something that wasn't too pretty and feminine. She is really into dark greens, browns, wood and red at the moment, a bit of a Ralph Lauren 70s vibe.

Unfortunately, the day after Mother's Day it's hard to find anything other than white chrysanthemums.

So I went with this pink and green palate. I tried to ground the sweet pink roses with the lime green chrysanthemums, and added some magnolia leaves for a bit of brown. I used the dark pink tulips more for their leaves, although as the flowers have opened the darker pink is adding a new visual element which I'm really enjoying.

The great photos are thanks to the birthday girl herself, love you! xx











No comments:

Post a Comment